Hello! Wecome to londonfolk! We are a non srs bsns FUN community made for those who are interested in various musicians and bands from the London music scene.
If you like musicians like Laura Marling, Mumford & Sons, Mystery Jets, Johnny Flynn, Noah & the Whale, Jamie T, and more, this place is most likely for you!
Feel free to post news, graphics, songs, videos, or any other media relating to the music scene in the London area, you feel others would enjoy. We're just here to have fun!
Membership is moderated to keep lurkers out and for our members to feel more protected to post and share in here :) New or inactive journals will be rejected, i.e. if you have less than 100 comments, have an empty journal, are lurking communities. If you've been rejected or removed, and are unsure why or would like to rejoin, please feel free discuss it with us at page-a-mod.
Have fun posting!
Love your mods,
sic_obsession, qwertybex & stonefox
1. First and foremost, respect the musicians. Don't come in here if you are going to bash them, nobody wants to hear it.
2. Respect your fellow members. Let's all try to get along in here, nobody likes a Debbie Downer.
3. If you want to post pictures and the pictures are huge or nsfw, make sure that you use an lj-cut.
4. If you want to affiliate with us or want to promote something, just let one of the mods know or post it in the page-a-mod.
5. Try to keep the community related to the London scene.
6. In regards to uploading and sharing songs. PROTECT YOUR LINKS. We don't want anything to be tracked back to the community and have to deal with copyright material.
Instead, if you want to share, use formats such as:
➝ hxxp:// instead of http://
➝ Adding http://anonym.to/? to the front of your link. (Make sure you keep the question mark in the link).
7. Please tag your posts. If you're having trouble or are unsure of what tags to use, let a mod know, and we'll do it for you.
8. If you have any questions, concerns or suggestions, feel free to contact a mod at page-a-mod. If you feel uncomfortable posting there, you can always send a mod a PM, and we'll try and get back to you as soon as we can.